Sunday, March 29, 2009

How Healed About to Happen (Really!)

How Healed do You Want to Be?, my first book, was accepted for publication 1 1/2 years ago. I am happy to say that I have recieved word that it is now due to be published in April -- as in this next month! No, really (some of my friends and family have heard me project publication dates before). I've even okayed a cover, reviewed galleys (the typeset version of the manuscript that is the last chance for corrections) and written the dedication and acknowledgements.

I feel like I imagine it would feel to deliver a baby after a two year pregnancy: "Congratulations, Mr. Faris, you have succesfully brought a 23 pound child into the world". To quote a line from an old commercial: "How do you spell relief?"

Getting to this point has already been an adventure and major learning experience. But now, the real adventure begins. Step One of this new leg of the journey will take place on May 2nd at the Walsh home in Laguna Hills when we will have our official book release and signing party. More on this later, but take note: there is a rumor How Healed? may be sharing space with Robin's famous homemade Baklava. A win-win if there ever was one!

A primitive form of the dedicated website www.howhealed.com is up. Lots will be added in the days just ahead, but first-adopters are welcome to peek now.

Okay, Lord, delivery is in sight. I'm dying to know where You will be taking it -- and me -- from here.